|The Temple Journal of Science, Technology and Environmental Law and the Temple International and Comparative Law Journal present |
The Joint Spring 2011 Symposium:
Access to Essential Medicines, Biotechnology Patents, and Global Cooperation
(5 PA CLE Credits - 4 substantive; 1 ethics)
Friday, April 1, 2011
Registration begins at 8:30 AM
Symposium begins at 9:00 AM
Shusterman Hall Conference Center
The forum covers topics from international patent law applied to pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical medicines, healthcare law and changes in healthcare systems from recent U.S. healthcare legislation, and access to medicines in the U.S. and around the world.
• Professor Robert Field of Drexel Law, a nationally known expert on healthcare law and policy, discussing topics around government support for innovation in medicine and a new initiative at the National Institutes of Health.
• Professor Joseph P. Fuhr of Widener University, an expert on the economics of biopharmaceutical medicines including biosimilars.
• Professor Donald Harris, of Temple University School of Law, an expert on international IP law, discussing international patent law and compulsory licensing.
• Professor Scott Burris of Temple University School of Law, an expert on domestic and international healthcare law, discussing work to improve access to medicines for treating pain and addiction.
• Numerous other speakers from law firms and academia discussing topics in pharmaceutical and biotechnology patent law and new developments in biosimilar medicines.
Click here to see a tentative agenda for the program.